Quarantined…? Yes, the whole world is!
The minute deadly virus has forced the world to stop and shut down. Ever imagined a virus can make you locked up in your home? It will force you to practice social distancing and maintain high levels of hygiene.
Yes, the Corona virus is a reality check on how we take things and personal hygiene for granted. The world is taking a sudden shift from buzzing streets to vacant, silent cities. The governments are leaving no stone unturned by taking precautionary measures to prevent further spread of disease.
As we all are locked up at home to fight the pandemic caused by COVID-19, it can take a toll on our health and relationships. Read through this blog to make your quarantine period positive, productive and pragmatic.
Can Quarantine affect you?
Yes., A period where everyone is advised to practice social-distancing and stay at home. It can get boring as it is unusual and disrupts normal life. “Quarantine” almost seemed like never going to happen but now it’s a reality we live in.
A recent study from medical journal The Lancet notes that the psychological impact of quarantine can be great, resulting in a range of mental health concerns from anxiety and anger to sleep disturbances, depression and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Being in quarantine and social distancing is the only option we have to fight back and control the spread of coronavirus, does not necessarily have to be the cause for our mental health outbreak and loss of physical fitness.
Tips to maintain your mental health during quarantine:
- Limit news intake if it makes you anxious.
- Stay connected with friends and family through calls and video calls.
- Plan your everyday routine.
- Keep yourself busy.
- Limit social media and binge-watching series.
- Meditate to calm yourself down.
- Be thankful and grateful for all that life has given you.
How can you make the most out of Quarantine?
The quarantine can make you lazy and unproductive but it can be the other way round if you plan it well. We have more time dedicated to ourselves now than ever, making use of it to develop and understand ourselves better is the best we can do.
Use Quarantine time to:
- To actually know ourselves better?
- To know what we really WANT in life?
- To go back to our lost hobbies?
- To cherish and value time spent with loved ones?
- To be thankful & grateful enough?
Time spent during quarantine can be both stressful and positive depending on how we look at it. With not much option left, we must try to accept it and embrace the period positively.
Best practices while in Quarantine
Know the best practices which you can do while in quarantine to maintain physical fitness and mental health.
- Prepare a to-do list for every day.
- Start your day with exercise and workout.
- Meditate for a few minutes.
- Eat a healthy balanced diet.
- Cook your meals at home.
- Do your chores.
- Avoid unhealthy snacking.
- Learn something new.
- Do a hobby you love.
- Relax and stay positive.
Best Quarantine Home workouts you can do
Home workouts are ideal and can be most effective. Home workout routines can be simple yet very effective. You can have a mixture of cardio and strength training. Cardio exercises can get your heart rate pumping and condition your body, whereas the strength training workouts using your body weight can help you tone up.
Here are a few best techniques to help you win the home workouts during Quarantine:
- Add working out to your daily to-do list.
- Have a workout plan. Decide what you want to workout on for the day.
- Have a dedicated place of workout.
- Pick the best time suitable to schedule a workout.
- Prefer adding versatile equipment like resistance tube, bands to your workouts.
- Do it with a partner.
- Combine both strength and cardio exercises in your workouts.
- Perform exercises using body weights like push-ups, pull-ups etc.
- Prefer using apps with exercise videos, live workout sessions to make it interesting.
- Take up online fitness Challenges.
To make it easy for you we designed Joyfit 30 mins full body quick home workout circuit. This circuit is quick, effective and high-calorie burning. Do this at the comfort of your home to burn those extra calories off.
These exercises will help you work on your core, back, full-body conditioning improves strength and stamina.
- Burpees (10 reps)
- Push-ups (10 reps)
- Crunches (10 reps)
- Mountain Climbers (15 each leg)
- Pull-ups/Chin-ups (10 reps)
- Squats (15 reps)
- Planks (1 min reps)
Perform these exercises in a circuit with a maximum of 30 sec time spent on each of these. Repeat this circuit for 2-3 times. This is most effective for fat burning.
For increased intensity, you should perform the exercise using simple multipurpose equipment.
Complete your home workout sessions by adding exercises using resistance tubes and AB roller.
They are excellent and super versatile. You can work on your complete body just by using one resistance tube. Work on your core, back, biceps, shoulders, chest, glutes and legs.
The resistance tube uses body weight to increase the intensity making the workouts more effective. You can perform any number of exercises using the tube set anywhere and anytime.
Rock, solid abs! Possible only in the gym? Well not anymore. You can tone up your abdomen and work on the core effectively using AB roller. AB roller is a most helpful core exercise equipment as it builds more tension and engages most muscles. Your AB workouts are incomplete without these super-effective rollers.
Times are hard and testing each one of us differently, but we need to stand united and defeat COVID-19. At times when good immunity is an asset, it is important to take care of ourselves by following the precautionary measures, eating healthy and working out. We are all stronger only when we are fitter and healthier.
We can all get through this. Please stay safe, stay at home. Do your bit to save the world!